Jan 6, 2011

LOOKING FOR INFO ON BROKEN SAFETY SPOOLS

I'm trying to get a better idea of the extent and nature of breaking
hammer block spools, particularly if any are sn-pk030______ and up.
I don't have confidence that Walther/Umarex/Smith will do their duty.

I need the first few numerals in serial numbers, and date code(AK,BA,BB)on
the slide, and pics if available. (at least a description of the break)

I only know of about 7 to 10 broken spools, but there must be more, possibly
many more. It seems that 2009 guns had the problem, but maybe not 2010 guns.
Looking at recent PK's, I see that the spool color has changed to flat black.
This might indicate a change in metallurgy or processing.

A comment here, or email to ebrownee@gmail.com would be useful.
.

2 comments:

  1. DE BA TA002--
    Broke right down the middle while my wife was letting down the hammer with her thumb,slipped half way down, and out came the hammer block safety spool after pulling the slide back again.
    Bought new and never fired or dry fired

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would help to know the first few numbers after "PK", or ....
    I guess 'BA' is 2010, but is TA002-- the start of the S/N ? A 200 number is the lowest I've seen.
    And the TA seems to be linked to the P99.

    ReplyDelete